The CDC, FEMA, and Kaution recommends you start these 3 steps TODAY to prepare for disaster.
- Make a Kit
- Have a Plan
- Be Informed
Start today with Step 1, Make a kit.
IMPORTANT NOTE - There is no single kit that will serve everyone fully! We all have different needs, diverse risk factors, and various strengths. A kit for a family in Phoenix is very different than Seattle. Your location, needs, and strengths determine your kit contents.
KAUTION believes there are minimum principles that apply to every kit!
- Air: We recommend 10, 3M N95 dust masks
- Water: Katadyn Hiker Pro Water Filter ( + extra filter)
- Food: 48-72 hours recommended (*Due to dietary restrictions and expiration we leave this in your hands). Most food is packaged, waterproof, and could be stored in a standard backpack.
- Medical: any and all medications + adventure medical (industry standard): "The Grizzly" treats 14 people for 2 weeks!
- Shelter: Seek it or make it: tarp, knife, duct tape, paracord
- Heat: wool and mylar blankets, rain gear, hatchet, fire starters
- Extras: radio, solar charger, batteries, cash, compass, flares